Schedule a Tour
Call 320-564-6200 to schedule a tour of our birthing suites.
Pregnancy and childbirth involve every part of you from selecting a health care provider to choosing a name for your newborn. Avera Granite Falls Health Center provides many options for birth including the midwifery model of care. We emphasize team-based prenatal care where the physician and midwife work in partnership to provide women choices in their pregnancy and birth journey.
The midwifery model of care consists of:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological and social well¬-being of the mother and newborn throughout the pregnancy and birth
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling and prenatal care, with hands-on support during labor and birth
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
Healthy from Pregnancy to Post-Partum
Everything you need for a great experience:
- Expectant parent classes
- Homelike surroundings
- Emphasis on the mother’s comfort during labor and delivery
- Birthing suites
- A personal nurse who follows mom’s progress and assists the physician
- Pregnancy support and advice
- Encouragement for father participation, including cesarean births
- Newborn safety is a top priority
- Rooming-in encouraged
- Patient education and help, including maternal/newborn home care available for each new mom
You can select a private birthing room that’s spacious enough for your family to join you for this amazing experience. You might also enjoy the jetted tubs, or spa services as you rest, recover and get to know your new little one. And while you and your baby stay with us, you’re protected by our high-tech security systems.