Schedule a Tour
Call 320-564-6200 to schedule a tour of our birthing suites.
Pregnancy and childbirth involve every part of you from selecting a health care provider to choosing a name for your newborn. Avera Granite Falls Health Center provides many options for birth including the midwifery model of care. We emphasize team-based prenatal care where the physician and midwife work in partnership to provide women choices in their pregnancy and birth journey.
The midwifery model of care consists of:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological and social well¬-being of the mother and newborn throughout the pregnancy and birth
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling and prenatal care, with hands-on support during labor and birth
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
Healthy from Pregnancy to Post-Partum
Everything you need for a great experience:
- Expectant parent classes
- Homelike surroundings
- Emphasis on the mother’s comfort during labor and delivery
- Birthing suites
- A personal nurse who follows mom’s progress and assists the physician
- Pregnancy support and advice
- Encouragement for father participation, including cesarean births
- Newborn safety is a top priority
- Rooming-in encouraged
- Patient education and help, including maternal/newborn home care available for each new mom
Women's Center Photo Tour
Welcome to the Avera Women’s Center in Granite Falls. Please take a look at our beautiful facility where you will experience one of the best joy’s of your life.
Upon arrival to the Women's Center, you will be placed in one of our state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms.
Rooms feature an HD TV, private bathroom, a storage cabinet with plenty of space for your belongings, as well as a recliner for your support person.
Private birthing rooms have space enough for your family to join you for this amazing experience.