Avera Heart Hospital Patients & Visitor Information
Current visitation guidelines are:
- Visitation hours are 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Three visitors per patient, per day. Visitors may rotate throughout the day. Individuals are prohibited from visiting confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- Masks are required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
If you have questions, please call 1-877-AT-AVERA (1-877-282-8372).
We understand that care from family and friends is as important as care from our staff. That is why the hospital does not limit visiting hours. Unlike other critical care facilities, at Avera Heart Hospital, patients stay in the same room from admission to discharge. We move the level of staff necessary to the patient, instead of the patient moving to the staff. This differentiates Avera Heart to be an exceptionally caring and friendly place to receive heart care.
À la Heart Café offers daily breakfast, lunch and supper specials along with homemade soups, salad bar, desserts, beverages and a grab-n-go cooler. The chefs prepare meals from scratch using wholesome, fresh ingredients.
Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 7 – 10 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Snacks: 3 – 5 p.m.
Supper: 5 – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Breakfast: 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch: Noon – 1:30 p.m.
On weekends and holidays, the À la Heart Café is closed for the evening meal. Family members may request a room service meal that can be delivered to the patient's room or to the Prairie Heart Guest House.
Lodging & Accommodations
The Prairie Heart Guest House is a 32-room motel-like facility connected to both North Central Heart Institute and the Avera Heart Hospital. Built on an acre of land donated by North Central Heart physicians and located adjacent to the northeast corner of North Central Heart, the guest house is comfortable, safe and affordable.
Families often need to stay with us for an undetermined amount of time; therefore, the Prairie Heart Guest House does not take reservations. To inquire about availability, please stop at the concierge desk when you arrive at the hospital or clinic. The concierge desk is located in the front lobby of the hospital.
- Two queen beds
- Wireless Internet access
- Access to laundry facilities
- Hair dryers
- Two fully handicapped accessible rooms are available
- Enjoy waiting areas and lobbies throughout the hospital campus for your comfort and convenience.
- Find a quiet place for prayer or meditation in the hospital chapel on the first floor of the hospital
- Take advantage of free public Internet access