Contact Avera McKennan
You can contact Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center with customer service questions. Use of one of these contact methods should not be substituted for a visit to a health care professional.
Contact us by Phone
Contact us with customer service questions at 605-322-8000. Please note:
- If you have an emergency health care need call 911 immediately.
- If you have an urgent need, contact your family physician, or call the Avera Medical Call Center at 1-877-282-8372 (Service available in area codes 605, 507, 320, 712, 701 and 402).
Contact us Online
Contact us with customer service questions. Please note:
- We cannot offer medical advice online and are not able to respond to such emails. To discuss specific conditions, symptoms or diagnosis contact your physician or an appropriate health care professional.
- We cannot reply to emails from outside of our regional service area unless they involve past, present or future care at an Avera facility.
- If you have an emergency health care need call 911 immediately. If you have an urgent need, contact your family physician, or call the Avera Medical Call Center at 877-282-8372 (Service available in area codes 605, 507, 320, 712, 701 and 402).
Contact us Online
Need help with AveraChart?
Enrolling: To enroll please complete this secure form to start the process.
Technical Assistance: Please call 1-855-667-9704 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Avera Medical Call Center
If you think a situation is life threatening, call 911 or your local emergency service immediately. The Avera Medical Call Center is not a resource for medical emergencies.
At the Avera Medical Call Center, we understand your health needs don't always happen during doctor office hours. This 24-hour service will connect you with a registered nurse who can provide confidential answers to your health-related questions.
While we cannot diagnose your problem, we can help provide medical information and assist you with decisions such as:
- Should you go to an emergency department?
- Should you go to an after-hours clinic?
- Should you set an appointment with your primary care provider?
- Or should you simply use home care?
The Avera Medical Call Center can only help people who live in the Avera service area, which includes eastern South Dakota, select counties in southwestern Minnesota and parts of Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota. This includes portions of area codes 605, 507, 320, 712, 701 and 402.
You can contact the Avera Medical Call Center at 877-282-8372. If you are outside our service area, please consult your local phone directory for a health information service close to where you live.