Contact Avera McKennan
You can contact Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center with customer service questions. Use of one of these contact methods should not be substituted for a visit to a health care professional.
Contact us Online
Contact us with customer service questions. Please note:
- We can't offer medical advice online and are not able to respond to such e-mails. To discuss specific conditions, symptoms or diagnosis contact your physician or an appropriate healthcare professional.
- We can not reply to e-mails from outside of our regional service area unless they involve past, present or future care at an Avera facility.
- If you have an emergency healthcare need call 911 immediately. If you have an urgent need, contact your family physician, or call ASK-A-NURSE at (800) 658-3535 (Service available in area codes 605, 507, 320, 712, 701 and 402).
Contact us Online
Contact us by Phone
Contact us with customer service questions at 605-322-8000.
- If you have an emergency healthcare need call 911 immediately.
- If you have an urgent need, contact your family physician, or call ASK-A-NURSE at 1-800-658-3535 (Service available in area codes 605, 507, 320, 712, 701 and 402).
Need help with AveraChart?
Enrolling: To enroll please complete this secure form to start the process.
Technical Assistance: Please call 1-855-667-9704 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
If you think a situation is life threatening, call 911 or your local emergency service immediately–Ask-A-Nurse is not a resource for medical emergencies. At Avera Ask-A-Nurse, we understand your health needs don't always happen during doctor office hours. Available 24 hours a day, a registered nurse will provide confidential answers to your health related questions. We cannot diagnose your problem, but we can help provide medical information and assist you with the decision whether you should go to an emergency department or after-hours clinic, call your doctor or simply use home care.
We can only triage callers who reside in the Avera service area which includes eastern South Dakota, and select counties in southwestern Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota (portions of area codes 605, 507, 320, 712, 701 and 402). You can contact Avera ASK-A-NURSE at 800-658-3535. If you are outside our service area, please consult your local phone directory for your area's health information service.