Avera McKennan Patients & Visitors
Whether you're coming for an inpatient stay, an outpatient procedure, to visit a loved one or to welcome a new baby to the family, use the following information to help make your Avera McKennan visit a good experience.
Avera is now allowing two visitors per patient per day in hospitals, surgery centers, emergency departments and clinics during regular visitor hours.
If you have questions, please call 1-877-AT-AVERA (1-877-282-8372).
While you're on campus, enjoy a choice of places to get a meal or snack:
- Café 1325, on the ground floor of the hospital, open 1 - 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. daily
- Quarry Café in the Prairie Center, open 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Starbucks Coffee Bar in the main lobby of the hospital, open 6:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Vending machines with pop and snacks, available throughout campus
Enjoy other convenient and comfortable features of our campus. You can:
- Find a quiet place for prayer or meditation in the Avera McKennan Chapel off the main hospital lobby, or the Dr. Michael Rost Meditation Room on the ground floor of the Prairie Center.
- Enjoy waiting rooms throughout campus, or find comfortable seating areas on the east end of the Prairie Center's ground floor or in the hospital's main lobby.
- Visit Sioux Falls' only indoor SculptureWalk - part of Avera's commitment to the arts in healing - and see our original collections in the main hospital and Prairie Center.
- Take advantage of free public Internet access everywhere on campus.