Access Health – Brookings & Avera Medical Group Brookings
Advanced Mammography for Early Detection
Mammograms detect changes in the breast that may indicate early signs of cancer too small or subtle to be felt by self-exams. Count on us for the latest in mammography technology, such as 3-D mammograms and digital mammograms.
Access Health – Brookings serves even more people in Brookings, SD, and the surrounding area, thanks to a partnership between Rural Health Care, Inc. and Avera.
This collaboration allows a rural setting to have affordable health care in a number of services, including annual physicals, chronic disease management, women’s care, X-ray services, immunizations and more. By broadening the spectrum of physicians, technology and services, Access Health – Brookings is enhancing the health of your community, your family and you.
Services at Access Health – Brookings
- Clinic Laboratory: Most laboratory results are available later the same day.
- Family Medicine: Care for the entire family, from infants to geriatric patients.
- Internal Medicine: Diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical diseases in adults, such as heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.
- Pediatrics: Diagnosis, treatment and wellness care for children from infancy to age 21.
Urgent & Emergency Care When You Need It Most
If you or a loved one experiences a minor illness or injury, Access Health – Brookings offers the urgent care you need without an appointment on:
- Monday–Friday: 8AM-7PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 9AM-12PM
For emergencies, a doctor is on call 24/7/365 at the Brookings Health System emergency room. Call 605-696-9000 or 911 immediately for emergency care.
Avera Medical Group Brookings
Avera Medical Group Brookings provides state-of-the-art medical care through highly trained physicians, experienced professional staff and access to the entire Avera system. Services include:
- Diagnostics and Special Services: Mammography, pulmonary function testing, EKGs, infusions and chemotherapy and more.
- Avera QuickLabs: Stop in when it’s convenient and take advantage of a variety of blood tests for a flat fee
- Physical Therapy: Count on the expertise of our physical therapists to help you relieve pain, restore flexibility and build strength.
To schedule an appointment, call 605-697-9500.
Sports Physicals for Young Athletes
A sports physical is required for students to participate in school sports. Make sure that your child is healthy and ready for any athletic activity with a sports physical for only $73.
Pay My Bill
Pay your bill online or get more information by calling the Avera Brookings business office at 605-697-9539 or 1-800-658-5405. All co-payments are due and payable at the time of service. If you receive care for a work-related injury, notify the receptionist when you arrive for your appointment.
Help us submit your claims to your insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid by giving our business office accurate insurance policy information. In most cases, we will submit claims to your insurance company. All Avera Brookings providers participate in Medicare and Medicaid. If you have any questions about your statement or insurance processing, please call the business office at 605-697-9539 or 1-800-658-5405. We will be happy to answer your questions.