Balance and Dizziness Clinic
Your provider can make a referral and request a comprehensive balance and dizziness evaluation for you. Talk to your doctor about a referral.
If getting through each day is a challenge due to acute or chronic dizziness, you may benefit from the expertise of our balance clinic providers at Avera Brain & Spine Institute Balance & Dizziness Clinic in Sioux Falls, SD.
Our team specializes in offering a multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of vertigo, dizziness, balance disorders and concussion, in addition to:
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Orthopedic conditions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Peripheral or central vestibular dysfunction
- Post-polio syndrome
- Spinal stenosis
- Traumatic brain injury
Comprehensive Evaluation & Personalized Treatment Plan
You’ll receive a comprehensive evaluation in our diagnostic balance testing clinic for a more accurate diagnosis. We assess posture, balance, strength, coordination, gait and sensory inputs. Each assessment may include:
- Review of medical history and symptoms
- Audiology testing and hearing evaluation
- Videonystagmography diagnostic procedure to more accurately determine the cause of dizziness symptoms
- Physical therapy evaluation for balance
- Computerized dynamic posturography (CDP) test
After your assessment, you’ll receive an individualized treatment plan – based on your results and goals – and will be equipped with the tools you need to manage your symptoms.