Avera Compounding Pharmacy
Avera Compounding Pharmacy has transitioned into a closed-door pharmacy.
- Patients will no longer be able to come inside this pharmacy location to pick up prescriptions.
- All prescriptions will be mailed at no additional charge.
A new retail store is now open to provide a convenient location to purchase quality over-the-counter supplements and vitamins. The Supplement Shop is located at 116 W. 69th St. in Sioux Falls.
Backed by a name you can trust, the Avera Compounding Pharmacy employs pharmacists specially-trained to fill your prescription, compounded especially for your needs, at the highest quality. We also offer women’s health consultations and high quality nutraceuticals. View our patient handbook to learn more about our services, including how to order and refill prescriptions.
Our designation as a PCAB Accredited™ compounding pharmacy lets you know that Avera Compounding Pharmacy ranks among the best for quality and safety. Avera Compounding Pharmacy is also the recipient of the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board’s Seal of Accreditation since 2010.
To transfer your prescription, please call 605-322-3940.
Download the Avera Rx App
For a simple and convenient way to manage medications – for your entire family – sign up for AveraRx. With a free AveraRx account, you can easily:
- Order refills
- Receive a message when your prescription is ready
- Set up reminders to take your medications
- View an up-to-date list of your prescriptions
Already have an AveraRx account? Login from your computer here.
Sign Up for Text Alerts
When you sign up for Avera Pharmacy’s text alerts program, you’ll receive notifications about:
- Refill reminders
- Problems with insurance, inventory issues, etc.
- Credit card issues
- Home deliveries on the way
- Immunization reminders
- Pick-up reminders
You must sign up for text alerts at your local Avera Pharmacy location and provide your cell phone number.
What Is Compounding?
Compounded prescriptions cannot be filled at your typical drugstore, but require a specially-trained pharmacist, working within a specialized, quality-controlled environment.
If you don’t respond to traditional methods of treatment or need a different way to take a medication or a different strength that isn’t manufactured by a drug company, count on the Avera Compounding Pharmacy to create a customized medication that meets your specific needs.
Compounding combines an ageless art with the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing specially-trained professionals to:
- Prepare customized strengths
- Combine multiple medications into one dosage form
- Flavor medications
- Eliminate preservatives, dyes, sugar, gluten, lactose or alcohol
- Prepare special formulations
- Make alternative forms of solid medications, such as liquid dosage forms of solid medications
Our compounding professionals can also compound non-sterile medications into:
- Topical creams or gels