Avera Home Infusion Pharmacy
The home infusion pharmacy is located on the Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center campus in Sioux Falls.
Home Infusion Service During the COVID-19 Pandemic
If you are not comfortable going to a health care facility for infusion services, Avera Pharmacy and Avera@Home have teamed up to provide antibiotics and specialty infusions in the comfort of your own home. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Obadiah Scheich, Director of Avera Home Infusion Pharmacy, at 605-322-8316 or call your provider to ask if this is an option.
An emerging trend in health care, home infusion therapy services is a cost-effective alternative to hospital-based care. With a staff member available to answer questions 24/7, Avera’s home infusion services include:
- Total parenteral nutrition
- IV antibiotic/antifungal therapy
- Hospice/pain management
- Immune globulin therapy
- IV hydration
- IV catheter care
- RSV prophylaxis program
- Other specialty injectables
Take advantage of complete coordination of patient care, supplies and support with services such as:
- Introduction call from the home infusion nurse coordinator
- Individualized patient and family training
- Pre-discharge conference
- Customized pharmacy compounding
- Dependable home delivery of supplies
- Routine monitoring of your progress
- Reimbursement services
- 24-hour availability
- Clinical feedback to your physician and home health nurse
To learn more about our home infusion services, watch this video.