Avera Human Performance Center - Sioux Falls
The Avera Human Performance Center is the region’s premier 60,000-square-foot facility for athletes, patients and anyone eager to improve their health, strength, power, speed, stability and/or overall physical performance. With a full continuum of services, the center is home to sports medicine and performance training, physical therapy, orthopedic, urgent care and other support programs:
The Avera Human Performance Center is located on the Avera on Louise Health Campus, in Sioux Falls, SD, just south of the 69th Street and Louise Avenue intersection, south of the Avera Specialty Hospital and Avera Medical Group clinics.
Enhance Your Well-Being & Athletic Performance With Close-To-Home Services
The Avera Human Performance Center is place where individuals can seek specialty services to prevent injuries using strength and conditioning programs. You can encourage healing with conservative interventions and therapy, and promote overall health and wellness with AR/AR-FIT. As a fully integrated health facility, our programs promote a lifetime of health, wellness and balance. You’ll find the personalized expertise and advanced technology you need to achieve your physical performance goals.
Sports Medicine Clinic
An on-site sports medicine clinic provides a range of diagnostic and treatment services:
- Injury and concussion management
- Non-operative treatment, biomechanical and orthopedic evaluations, intervention, specialized and custom care
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- Regenerative medicine
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Adipose and bone marrow derived stem cells
Urgent Care for Orthopedic Injuries
Avera Orthopedics Urgent Care offers easy access to immediate care with no appointment or referral needed. At our walk-in clinic, you’re treated by an orthopedic provider who specializes in bone, muscle and joint care. View urgent care hours.
Avera Sports Training
The Avera Human Performance Center includes programs with various focuses for physical improvement including athletic training, injury prevention or intervention, and pre- or post-surgery rehabilitation.
The center is home to the Athletic Republic and AR-FIT training programs in Sioux Falls, SD, with over 25 years of experience training athletes using a nationally renowned, evidence-based sports performance training system. Endurance training programs include options such as:
- Distance running training
- Triathlon training
- Road cycling
- Sports-specific speed, strength and agility training
* Membership options available*
Athletic Republic Training
Athletes of all sports and abilities – ages 10 and up – can maximize training time and effort through our year-round Athletic Republic training programs. This nationally renowned performance training program focuses on improving speed, strength, power and conditioning. For more information, call 605-322-3278.
Whether you're looking for a new workout, training for a special activity or just want to get and stay in shape, this eight-week challenge for active adults will help you develop the functional strength, flexibility and fitness you need.
- AR-FIT Challenge at the Avera Human Performance Center
- Small group classes with certified trainers
- Variety of class times
- Pre-challenge and post-challenge testing
Call 605-322-3278 to register.
Avera Sports Science
Avera Sports Science offers a variety of physiological and biomechanical testing services to assess your metabolic, muscular and neuromuscular characteristics including:
Avera Stride Lab 3D Running Analysis
- 10 camera Qualysis motion capture system
- Treadmetrix instrumented force plate treadmill
- 16-channel wireless Delsys EMG system
- Gait mechanics for senior population
- Sports-specific running analysis
Cosmed K5 Portable VO2 Max Testing
- Wearable testing unit to assess maximal oxygen consumption and resting energy expenditure in any environment
Lactate Threshold Testing
- Allows staff to prescribe a variety of training programs aimed at increasing your maximum physiological capacity
Cycle Time Trial Testing
- Determine your critical power to personalize your cycling workouts
Functional Movement Screening & Corrective Exercise Prescription
- Assess the limitations of your mobility and have a corrective exercise specialist design a program to restore your range of motion
Avera Return to Competition (ARC)
Work with our expert rehabilitation staff to develop a customized plan, refine sport-specific skills and achieve your goals. ARC sessions may include:
- Orthopedic functional assessment
- Functional testing
- Gait/treadmill training
- Plyometric training
- Sportsmetrics™ training
- Sport-specific skills training
- Acupower test
Avera Sports – Sport-Specific Training
In addition to Athletic Republic training programs, Avera Sports offers team, camp and other performance enhancement programs for athletes in a variety of sports.
Kairos Volleyball with seven regulation courts for training and competition — accommodating up to 3,500 players — included in one location at the Avera Human Performance Center. Local, regional and national club teams are welcome to visit. Our academy program offers lessons, camps and developmental programs for pre-K to age 18, both female and male players. Over 50 alumni of Kairos play collegiately and over 10 are AAU All-Americans.
Warwick Workouts offers offensive skill development for athletes K-college age at the Avera Sports Center at 85th and Minnesota. Seasonal weekly workout programs and summer camps are offered. Avera Select team program is available for 5th – 8th grades. Team workout packages are available, along with outreach camps.
SD Attack Basketball offers summer competitive teams 12U-17U for both female and male players at the Avera Sports Center at 85th and Minnesota. Structured practices include Warwick Workout training, and six to eight regional tournaments.
"Not only will the new facility help us better serve athletes for all ages and ability levels, it will promote overall health, wellness and balance throughout a lifetime."
- David Flicek, President and CEO, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
Avera Sports Specialty Facilities
Improve your athletic performance with the best in training equipment, areas and services. The Avera Human Performance Center offers state-of-the-art training spaces including:
- Sprint lane, Olympic weights and artificial turf
- Mind-body studio for group fitness, including Pilates, tai chi and yoga
- Cycling center, with interactive training to improve endurance for cross country bicycling or triathlons
- Equipment options including cardio treadmills, AlterG treadmill, ellipticals, and two-step treadmills
- Additional services include sports psychology, performance dietitian and nutritional support (including performance kitchen demos) and a nutrition bar
Monthly Memberships Available
Call the Avera Human Performance Center at 605-504-2472 to learn more about membership options and pricing.
- Athletic Republic Acceleration
- AR-FIT for Active Adults
- Triathlon training
- Distance running – kinetic program for runners
- Mind-body studio group fitness classes: Pilates, tai chi, yoga, TRX®, rowing
- Full gym access
- Cycling center with interactive training to improve endurance for cross-country bicycling or triathlons
- Athletic training recovery room (open to all)
- Endurance training
Other services available:
- Sports psychology (mental performance coach)
- Sports dietitian
- Nutrition bar
Athletic Training & Sports Medicine Expertise
No matter your age or your goals, count on Avera for access to a variety of local professionals with expertise in sports medicine, including a mobile athletic training room equipped with X-ray. Helping further your physical well-being and extending the continuum of orthopedic and sports medicine care, Avera specialists available to help you include:
Avera Therapy offers services and treatment with direct access, meaning referrals aren’t necessary and are covered by most insurance. No matter if you’re in recovery or working for injury prevention, we work with you on individual goals to get you back to your activity, sport, function or physical performance.
Avera Therapy at the Avera Human Performance Center offers youths to older adults specialized services for:
- Sports medicine
- Women’s health
- Balance and concussion therapy
Aquatic Therapy and Services
State-of-the-art aquatic therapy includes an underwater treadmill and aquatic therapy pool. We’re also pleased to offer comprehensive care for sports injuries that focus on reducing pain, increasing mobility, improving performance and preventing future issues.
Other therapy services onsite include:
- Blood flow restriction
- Dry needling
- Manual therapy
- Post-surgical techniques
- Pilates-based exercise and equipment
- Alter G treadmill
- Neurosurgery Integrator for concussion management, balance and visual perception
Aquatic therapy Hours:
Monday — Friday: 6:30 a.m. — 6 p.m.
Phone: 605-322-5123 (general number); 605-322-5285 (location specific)