Avera Medical Group Maternal Fetal Medicine Sioux Falls
Contact Avera Medical Group Maternal Fetal Medicine
Get experienced specialty care for high-risk pregnancies through Avera Medical Group Maternal Fetal Medicine in Sioux Falls, SD. Contact us at:
When pregnancy complications arise, the experienced team at Avera Medical Group Maternal Fetal Medicine works in partnership with your family physician or obstetrician to help ensure a safe delivery with the best possible outcome.
Maternal Fetal Medicine is a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology, dealing with high-risk pregnancies. We care for expectant mothers who may have a history of pregnancy loss, premature labor, previous pregnancy complications or special health concerns such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Avera Maternal Fetal Medicine provides:
- Office consultations
- Management of high-risk pregnancies
- Genetic counseling
- First trimester screening for aneuploidy
- Prenatal diagnostic testing:
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- Fetal blood sampling
- 3-D/4-D obstetrical ultrasounds
- Routine and high-resolution ultrasound screening
Experienced Specialty Care
A perinatologist is a physician who has been trained to manage high-risk pregnancies. In addition to medical school and a four-year residency in obstetrics and gynecology, these physicians have completed a two-year residency in obstetrics and gynecology, these physicians have completed a two-year fellowship in perinatology. Perinatologists can make a complicated diagnosis in order to effectively prevent or correct a problem before delivery, and may bring together a team of specialists to aid in a successful birth. Our specialists also provide:
- Preconception care, including genetic and infertility counseling
- Antepartum diagnostics and home care program
- Perinatal care designed to avoid hospital as long as possible
- Access to maternal and neonatal transport throughout the region by Careflight air or ground ambulance
Work at Avera
Join Avera, the Upper Midwest's health care leader, for an inspiring and exciting career. Search the possibilities below:
Avera also offers many classes for health care professionals and other opportunities for health care professionals, including programs for pharmacy residency, radiologic technology and emergency medical services.