Avera Medical Group Oncology & Hematology Aberdeen
Contact Avera Medical Group Oncology & Hematology Aberdeen
Receive quality cancer care based on individually tailored treatment plans at Avera Medical Group Oncology & Hematology in Aberdeen, SD. Contact us at:
At Avera Medical Group Oncology & Hematology Aberdeen, located at Avera Cancer Institute in Aberdeen, front-line expertise is matched by genuine concern and compassion. Since 1989, people in Aberdeen and surrounding communities have come to know us for our quality care and cutting-edge treatment. Avera Medical Group Oncology & Hematology Aberdeen is a department of Avera St. Luke’s Hospital.
Cancer can be one of the most trying times of a person's life. We're dedicated to developing an individualized plan of care to meet your specific needs, so you can receive the best possible care while staying close to home. In addition to treating cancer and blood disorders, we provide many other services:
- Chemotherapy and biotherapy
- Setup and maintenance of continuous infusion pumps for administration of chemotherapy or analgesics for long-term pain management, allowing our patients to remain at home while undergoing treatment
- Nationally accredited laboratory
- Placement of peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC lines)
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Research and clinical trial opportunities
- Management of hematological problems including intravenous iron therapy, gammaglobulin, and monoclonal antibody therapy
- Specialty consultations with hematologists specializing in bone marrow transplant
- Telemedicine with several specialists, allowing you to stay close to home
Our business office is available for any questions or concerns regarding insurance coverage. Patient assistance may be available and we are willing to help you find all possible resources. We provide a dedicated phone nurse who is directly available during business hours to assist you with any problems or concerns.
Work at Avera
Join Avera, the Upper Midwest's health care leader, for an inspiring and exciting career. Search the possibilities below:
Avera also offers many classes for health care professionals and other opportunities for health care professionals, including programs for pharmacy residency, radiologic technology and emergency medical services.
“As I watched you care for me and so many others, I knew you were all a great blessing. I came apprehensive about my first session and was put at ease each time afterwards. That says a lot for the atmosphere you each create. Your expertise and kindness was, and is, appreciated.”
- Linda Lamont
“Everyone in your office, from the friendly voices at the front desk who I called to see if it was OK to be early (or late on a Friday), to the helpful business office staff who assisted me with the dreadful insurance company, to the lab who dealt with my fear of needles, to the wonderful nursing staff who never hesitated to comfort and assist me whenever it was needed. You all went above and beyond.”
- Chuck Lang