Orthopedic Care for Every Body
Contact Avera Orthopedics
Receive comprehensive orthopedic and sports medicine care at Avera Orthopedics in Aberdeen, SD. Call us for an appointment at:
Avera Orthopedics in Aberdeen, SD, is the foremost provider of comprehensive orthopedic care in the area. Our skilled physicians offer a complete range of services with specialties in spine, sports medicine, joint replacement, physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Our fellowship-trained physicians are continually researching cutting-edge services. In affiliation with of Avera Dakota Plains Surgical Center and Aberdeen Physical Therapy, we offer coordinated comprehensive musculoskeletal care under one roof. Avera Orthopedics is a department of Avera St. Luke’s Hospital.
Advanced Orthopedic Surgery
Our local orthopedic team is dedicated to the prevention of injuries, as well as guiding you through diagnosis, treatment and recovery so you can return to the moves that make life worth living.
Take advantage of access to state-of-the-art surgical options right here in Aberdeen:
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Bunion surgery
- Cartilage grafting
- Cervical spine surgery
- Microdiscectomy spinal surgery
- Minimally invasive anterior approach hip replacement
- Rotator cuff repair
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Spinal stenosis decompression
- Total and partial joint replacements for shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Assistance in the diagnosis of systemic problems that affect the feet and ankles such as diabetes, gout, hypertension, immunodeficiency and arthritis
- Removal of bunions and ingrown toenails
- Treatment of ankle and foot arthritis
- Treatment for flat feet, hammertoes, heel and arch pain
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
Hip replacement surgery remains one of our top services here at Avera Orthopedics. Our physicians specialize in anterior approach hip replacement, a less invasive technique compared to traditional hip surgeries. Benefits to this approach include:
- A shorter incision to the front of the hip keeps major, surrounding hip muscles intact
- Less surgical intervention may reduce the amount of discomfort you feel post-surgery
- Shorter recovery period which could be complemented by a better outcome
Orthopedic Urgent Care
Through our urgent care services, you’ll get prompt, cost-effective care. We can tend to your immediate medical need – whether it’s a broken bone, dislocation, laceration, or sports or work injury. No appointment is necessary for treatment at our emergency facility. Quick, easy access is available through our main entrance.
- Monday through Friday, 9AM– 4PM
* If your injury occurred 48 or more hours prior to contacting our office, please call 605-226-2663 to visit with a patient service representative.
Outreach Orthopedic Services Near You
We also offer our orthopedic services at multiple outreach locations including Britton, Ellendale, Huron, Mobridge, Oakes, Pierre, Redfield, Waubay and Watertown.
Pay Your Bill Online
Paying your bill online is simple. Remember to include your patient account number located on your printed bill. All online transactions are eligible for a refund if you would like to cancel a payment. To contact a patient account representative, call 605-226-9702 from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Save time by printing and filling out our patient information form in advance.
Work at Avera
Join Avera, the Upper Midwest's health care leader, for an inspiring and exciting career. Search the possibilities below:
Avera also offers many classes for health care professionals and other opportunities for health care professionals, including programs for pharmacy residency, radiologic technology and emergency medical services.