Keeping You Moving
Whether you experience an injury, have frequent pain or need a joint replacement, the expert orthopedic team at Avera Orthopedics, a department of Avera Medical Group Pierre in Pierre, SD, is dedicated to your care from diagnosis and treatment to recovery.
Stay close to home while receiving treatment for bones, muscles and joints. Your entire family – from young children to older adults – can take advantage of orthopedic care and orthopedic surgery, overnight care, physical therapy and rehabilitation, podiatry and sports medicine services right here in Pierre, saving you time and money.
Have an Orthopedic Question?
Find answers to frequently asked orthopedic questions from Gonzalo Sanchez, Jr., MD, and Dan Rasmussen, DO, as they talk about when to seek orthopedic care, the types of treatment options available and when to consider orthopedic surgery.
Comprehensive Care for Bones, Muscles & Joints
When you choose Avera Orthopedics, you’ll find the specialized care you need for:
- Fracture care and joint dislocation
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Osteoarthritis of the hands, feet, hips and knees, often associated with aging
- Sports injuries in adults and children
- Traumatic injuries
- Work-related or occupational injuries
Advanced Surgical Care
If your condition requires surgery, rest assured that your needs will be met with advanced surgical procedures, such as:
- ACL, rotator cuff and meniscus repair
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Carpal tunnel services
- Cartilage restoration of the knee and ankle
- Foot and ankle surgery, along with foot, ankle and lower leg care
- Hand surgery
- Lumbar spinal stenosis surgery
- Microdiscectomy for leg pain, sciatica, lower back and hip pain
- Mini-incision Achilles tendon repair
- Minimally invasive joint replacements of the shoulder, hip, knee or ankle
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Minimally invasive surgical tendon repair
- Repairs of ligament and tendon tears
- Total joint arthroplasty
- Total joint replacement for hips, knees and ankles — including direct anterior approach hip replacements
However, before surgery is even considered, you’ll have the option to try less invasive techniques such as medications, injections, physical therapy or a combination of options.
Sports Medicine & Athletic Training
From competitive athletes and weekend warriors to everyday exercisers – if you enjoy an active lifestyle, you can benefit from our sports medicine services designed to improve your game or help you come back even stronger.
As part of our comprehensive approach, we partner with athletic trainers and physical therapists not only to help you heal, but also to prevent injury, enhance performance and help you reach your goals.
Outreach Services Near You
We also offer our orthopedic services at multiple outreach locations including Eagle Butte, Fort Thompson, Gregory, Miller, Rosebud and Winner.