Make Your Move to Avera Orthopedics
Contact Avera Orthopedics
Receive comprehensive orthopedic and sports medicine care at Avera Orthopedics in Sioux Falls, SD. Call us for an appointment at:
No matter your age or type of injury, disorder or traumatic experience, count on Avera Orthopedics, a department of Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD, to provide complete orthopedic care and surgery.
Orthopedic services are offered at several locations throughout Sioux Falls, including:
24/7 Orthopedic Trauma Care
Avera offers the first emergency departments in South Dakota with orthopedic trauma surgeons specially trained in fracture care and available 24/7. Access this level of care at Avera McKennan and Avera Medical Group Family Health Center when serious orthopedic injuries have occurred.
Urgent Care for Orthopedic Injuries
If you sustain a sports or orthopedic injury, Avera Orthopedics also offers quick and easy access to urgent care. Visit our walk-in clinic, located at Avera Medical Group Family Health Center on Marion Road, for specialized care for broken bones, dislocations, ligament tears and sprains.
- Monday – Friday from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For more information, call 605-504-1090.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Care
You’ll receive comprehensive treatment and compassionate care throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment. Take advantage of:
- Avera TotalCare joint replacement surgery rehabilitation program
- Expert treatment of all types of orthopedic conditions
- MRI, CT scans and DEXA bone density scans
- Rapid recovery techniques to promote mobilization, healing and recovery
- Seamless referrals and coordinated care with specialists such as physical therapists and surgeons
- State-of-the-art surgical center at the Avera McKennan campus
- Surgical techniques such as minimally invasive procedures to promote faster recovery
Specialized Care for Bones, Muscles & Joints
When you choose Avera Orthopedics, you’ll find the specialized care you need with our services such as:
- Ankle and foot care, including treatment for flat foot, high arches and deformities
- Fracture care and joint dislocation
- General adult, pediatric and geriatric orthopedics
- Hand and wrist care for all ages
- Osteoarthritis of the hands, feet, hips and knees, often associated with aging
- Sports injuries in adults and children, including ACL reconstruction and rotator cuff repair
- Total joint replacement and reconstruction
- Traumatic injuries
- Work-related or occupational injuries
You can feel confident that you’ll receive high-quality care at Avera McKennan, which earned designation as a Blue Distinction+ Center from Blue Cross Blue Shield for hip and knee replacement. That means you’re less likely to experience a complication or be readmitted to the hospital following surgery here than at many other hospitals.
No matter your age or activity level, find the specialized sports medicine treatment you need for injuries related to athletics and physical activity. You’ll benefit from our team-based approach, which includes:
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Intervention of emergency, acute and chronic conditions related to sports injuries
- Physical therapy, athletic training, bracing and casting, conservative approaches and surgery
As part of our comprehensive approach, we partner with athletic trainers and physical therapists not only to help you heal, but also to prevent injury, enhance performance and help you reach your goals.
Outreach Services Near You
We also offer podiatry orthopedic services at multiple outreach locations including Gregory, SD, Rock Valley, IA, and Worthington, MN.
GeneFolio Test for Pain Medications
We’re all different. So is the way our bodies process – or metabolize – medication. GeneFolio, Avera's innovative genetic test, helps physicians know the right drug for each patient, at the right dose – all through a simple blood test offered through the Avera Institute for Human Genetics. In orthopedics care, we use personalized medicine to help find the right pain medication for you. Just ask your physician if you’re eligible for the GeneFolio test.
Your First Appointment
When you schedule your first visit to Avera Orthopedics, you can expect your appointment to last approximately 30 to 60 minutes. Following your visit, if your orthopedic physician orders further testing and/or surgery, our experienced scheduling personnel will be happy to assist with making arrangements. They’re also experienced at preauthorizing your procedure and will verify coverage with your insurance carrier.
Pay My Bill Online
You may pay your clinic bill online using MasterCard, Discover or Visa. Payments are processed within two business days, and there is no fee for making an online payment.
If you have questions or wish to request a cancellation of your payment, please contact our billing staff at 605-221-0869 from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To save time, please print, fill out and bring the Patient Information Form and Patient Financial Policy to your appointment.