Orthopedic Care for Every Body
Contact Avera Orthopedics
Receive comprehensive orthopedic and sports medicine care at Avera Orthopedics in Sioux Falls, SD. Call us for an appointment at:
Here to help patients of all ages, Avera Orthopedics helps treat any orthopedic injury or disorder. From torn rotator cuff surgery or arthritis relief to total joint replacement, spine care or physical therapy needs, count on Avera Orthopedics, a department of Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD, to provide complete orthopedic care and surgery.
Locations in Sioux Falls
Avera Orthopedics’ primary location in the innovative, state-of-the-art Avera Specialty Hospital and Avera Medical Group clinics at the Avera on Louise Health Campus. This Avera Orthopedics clinic is conveniently located next to orthopedic specialty surgery services within the facility.
In Sioux Falls, orthopedic services are offered at three Avera locations. Orthopedic specialty services are offered at both the Avera Specialty Hospital and Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center. Orthopedic trauma and urgent care services are found at the Avera Human Performance Center, located just south of the Avera on Louise Campus.
If you would like to confirm your appointment location, contact us at 605-504-1100. Your scheduler will confirm your appointment details.
24/7 Orthopedic Trauma Care
Avera offers the first emergency departments in South Dakota with orthopedic trauma surgeons specially trained in fracture care and available 24/7. Access this level of care at Avera McKennan and Avera Medical Group Family Health Center when serious orthopedic injuries have occurred.
Urgent Care for Orthopedic Injuries
Avera Orthopedics Urgent Care offers easy access to immediate care with no appointment or referral needed. At our walk-in clinic, you’re treated by an orthopedic provider who specializes in bone, muscle and joint care.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Care
At Avera Orthopedics, you’ll find comprehensive treatment and compassionate care throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment. With fellowship trained surgeons to experienced advanced practice providers, we’re here to help treat your musculoskeletal conditions—and get you back to the life you love.
- Avera TotalCare joint replacement surgery rehabilitation program
- Expert treatment of all types of orthopedic conditions
- MRI, CT scans and DEXA bone density scans
- Rapid recovery techniques to promote mobilization, healing and recovery
- Seamless referrals and coordinated care with specialists such as physical therapists and surgeons
- State-of-the-art surgical center at the Avera McKennan campus
- Surgical techniques such as minimally invasive procedures to promote faster recovery
Specialized Care for Bones, Muscles & Joints
When you choose Avera Orthopedics, you’ll find the specialized care you need with our services such as:
- Hip, knee and shoulder replacements and reconstruction
- Ankle and foot care
- Sports medicine including arthroscopy of knee, shoulder, elbow and hip
- Spine care including surgical and nonsurgical intervention
Sports Medicine & Avera Human Performance Center
No matter your age or activity level, find the specialized sports medicine treatment you need for injuries related to athletics and physical activity. You’ll benefit from our team-based approach, which includes:
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Intervention of emergency, acute and chronic conditions related to sports injuries
- Orthopedic biologics, including ultrasound-guided injections and other therapies
- Physical therapy, athletic training, bracing and casting, conservative approaches and surgery
As part of our comprehensive approach, we partner with athletic trainers and physical therapists not only to help you heal, but also to prevent injury, enhance performance and help you reach your goals. Sports medicine is available at Avera McKennan and at the Avera Human Performance Center.
Your First Appointment
When you schedule your first visit to Avera Orthopedics, you can expect your appointment to last approximately 30 to 60 minutes. Following your visit, if your orthopedic physician orders further testing and/or surgery, our experienced scheduling personnel will be happy to assist with making arrangements. They’re also experienced at preauthorizing your procedure and will verify coverage with your insurance carrier.