Avera Sacred Heart Wellness Center
Welcome Back to Group Exercise!
We want to keep our members healthy,
active AND safe from COVID-19. Please follow these tips while you’re here.
If you are trying to lose a few pounds, improve your strength, stay fit or just feel better, the Avera Sacred Heart Wellness Center offers a non-threatening, comfortable atmosphere for exercising.
You’ll benefit from a facility was designed under the “mind-body-spirit” model that promotes a well-balanced approach to fitness and good health, with opportunities for all ages and capabilities.
Programming options include yoga, boot camp, zumba, senior toning and many other classes – along with a variety of aerobics classes and personalized training. A specialized aerobic floor minimizes impact and injury.
Exercise equipment includes precor treadmills, recumbent bikes, elliptical machines and lateral trainers. We also have Concept 2 rowing machines, Hoist selectorized weight equipment including a piece that is specifically designed for wheelchair users, as well as free weights. All Wellness Center members receive a free orientation to the equipment.
We also offer two pools – a 20-by-50-foot exercise pool kept at 86 degrees and a 7-by-21-foot therapeutic pool kept at 92 degrees.
Our programs include:
- Group exercise classes, personal training and fitness testing
- Chair exercise classes for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers
- Programs for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Massage therapy for relaxation, health and fitness – call 605-668-8357 to make an appointment or to purchase a gift card (gift cards will be mailed)
- Coach Rozy performance training
When you become a member of the Avera Sacred Heart Wellness Center, you enjoy access to our complete selection of exercise equipment, pools, over 40 group exercise classes per week at no extra cost, and more. You can stop and start your membership at any time – no long term contracts or hidden fees.
Group Exercise Tips
- Follow good hand hygiene practices. Wash your hands when you arrive and wash your hands when you leave. Hand sanitizer is available in a variety of locations for your use as well.
- Please social distance. Our group exercise spaces have been marked for 6ft of social distancing. Please maintain that distance before, during and after classes. Avoid hugging, handshakes etc.
- Come ready for class. If you’re attending a water aerobics class, please come in your swimming suit and leave in your swimming suit. Avoid hanging out in the locker rooms and utilizing keys and lockers. All swimming pool users must still continue to shower before entering the pools.
- Bring your own water. To limit the surfaces members touch, we have closed the drinking fountain.
- Land group exercise participants, please do not put equipment away until you have sanitized all touched surfaces. Paper towels and disinfectant is provided for your use.
- If you feel sick, please stay home.