Avera St. Benedict Wellness Center
Memberships are available to those 14 years of age and older. Students ages 10-12 may use the equipment only under parental supervision. Students 13-17 need to have written parental permission. Membership will include use of all Wellness equipment, pool, and use of all exercise classes. Full memberships are available for individuals, couples, or families. The options available are on month, three months, six months, and one year memberships. Punch cards and daily fees are also available. Please call 605-928-4410 for current pricing information.
The wellness center offers the following services:
The Avera St. Benedict Wellness Center has a 20' x 40', 85 degree indoor pool. The Wellness Center Pool is a great place to bring your friends and have birthday/private parties. Lifeguards are available upon request.
- Pool opens at 8:00 a.m. weekdays
- 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays
- 9:00-10:00 a.m., M-W-F - Arthritic Aquatics
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. - T, TH - Aquacise
- Open/lap swim is available anytime with the exception of class time.
Swim at your own risk. Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent. A pool lift is available for water rehab patients.
Hot tub is available for clients over the age of 14 years. It is not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart conditions or high blood pressure. The hot tub capacity is 4 adults.
The water treadmill is available for clients over the age of 14 years. The water treadmill is another way to cross train with less impact on hips and legs.
- Aqua Tots: Water class for infants and small children. This class requires a parent to get in the water with the child. Different techniques are taught for getting the child into the water and making sure they feel safe and secure. This is a great way to bond with your child and also give them a head start on their water skills.
- Adult Swim Lessons: Available upon request
- Red Cross Swim Lessons (Level I, II, III): Offered at different times throughout the year dependent on interest. Call Avera St. Benedict Wellness Center for more information, 605-928-4410 or email us.
- Private Swim Lessons: Available upon request.
- Arthritis Aquatics: Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 9:00 a.m.
- Aquacise: Tuesday and Thursday - 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Avera St. Benedict Wellness Center offers various types of massage including Swedish, deep tissue, neuromuscular, stone therapy, and facial treatments. Call 605-928-4410 to set up an appointment.
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
There is a wide variety of equipment in the cardiovascular area at the Wellness Center. Current equipment include: 6 treadmills, 6 Air Dyne bikes, row machines, 3 elliptical trainers, recumbent bike, and a Nu-Step trainer.
Resistance Machines and Free Weights
Weight training equipment consists of Polaris Resistance Machines that include the back extension, shoulder press, abdominal machine, chest press, lat pull-down, seated row, seated calf raise, Nautilus leg extension, seated leg curl, and hip abduction/adduction machine. There is also a Smith machine, power station, and dumbbells. Resistance training can be very beneficial for osteoporosis by keeping bones and muscles strong and aiding in fat loss.
Training is required for cardiovascular and weight equipment before starting any program. This service is provided by our friendly staff and is free of charge. Call 605-928-4410 to schedule a tour and appointment.
Community Education and Wellness Classes
A variety of community education programs are held each year. The Avera St. Benedict programs that are offered throughout the year have included family issues, women's and men's health issues, heart screening for adults, farm safety for children, SOFY every other year, diabetic education, nutritional education, arthritis, protect your back, Basic First Aid Training annually for children, baby sitters clinic annually, CPR classes.
Work at Avera
Join Avera, the Upper Midwest's health care leader, for an inspiring and exciting career. Search the possibilities below:
Avera also offers many classes for health care professionals and other opportunities for health care professionals, including programs for pharmacy residency, radiologic technology and emergency medical services.