Prairie Center at Avera McKennan
At the five-story Prairie Center, you'll find a beautiful, inspiring, "green" environment designed by patients for patients to promote healing for all, including the community and our environment. Home to Avera Cancer Institute, Avera Surgery Center and Avera McKennan Inpatient Rehabilitation, the building's main floor reflects East and West River regions in South Dakota.
You'll benefit from comprehensive cancer care services under one roof, including imaging, breast diagnostic care, medical oncology, radiation oncology, breast surgery, gynecologic oncology, genomic medicine and integrative medicine.
Public meeting rooms in the Prairie Center include the Benedictine and Presentation rooms on the main floor, and the Sr. Colman Room in the lower level.
Prairie Center Features
When you visit the Prairie Center, enjoy:
- The Quarry Café, with wholesome and healthy menu items developed by a professional chef. Favorites include fruit smoothies, homemade hearth pizzas and daily homemade soup. Hours are 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Innerpath Store, featuring specialty items for cancer patients, nutrition supplements and herbal supplements. Hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Dr. Michael Rost Meditation Room and outdoor meditation labyrinth.
- Sixty commissioned works by 15 artists, as well as numerous donated and purchased original artworks.
- The Digital Art Wall, a unique venue for art shows and other images of interest.
Host your event here
Interested in holding an event in the Prairie Center? Submit our event request form. Contact Kim Hove at 605-322-8774 with questions.