Avera Sacred Heart Patients & Visitors
Whether you’re coming for an inpatient stay, an outpatient procedure, to visit a loved one or to welcome a new baby to the family, use the following information to help make your Avera Sacred Heart visit a great experience.
- Medical, Surgical and Pediatric Floors: 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Birthing Center: 2 – 3:30 p.m. and 7 – 8:30 p.m. Spouses may visit any time.
You’ll easily find Avera Sacred Heart Hospital in the southwest corner of Yankton, near the intersection of Highways 50 and 52. The hospital is located directly east of Mount Marty College and the Sacred Heart Monastery. Ample parking is conveniently located in close proximity to all four buildings of the Avera Sacred Heart complex. View a campus map to help you find your way to your destination.
While you’re at Avera Sacred Heart, enjoy a meal or snack:
- Northern Lights Café, on the 2nd floor of the hospital, is open daily from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Hot food is available from 6:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. for breakfast, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. for lunch, and 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. for supper
- Vending machines with pop and snacks are available 24/7 throughout the hospital
- Enjoy waiting areas and lobbies throughout the hospital campus for your comfort and convenience
- Find a quiet place for prayer or meditation in the hospital chapel, on the first floor of the hospital, available for personal use 24 hours a day
- Take advantage of free public Internet access
Find lodging and accommodations in Yankton including our own Hospitality House. Learn about advance directives like a living will, or view privacy practices.