About Avera St. Luke’s
Receive a comprehensive array of medical and health services and care in 34 different specialties at Avera St. Luke’s Hospital, a 119-bed hospital. We deliver care through multiple facilities, including the Don & Carmen Meyer Center of Excellence.
Take advantage of a full range of health services, from primary care, to specialty services, to outpatient procedures and inpatient care. Benefit from specialized services including endoscopy, outpatient dialysis, cardiac rehabilitation, a sleep diagnostic lab and same-day surgery.
Message from our Regional President and CEO
All of us at Avera St. Luke’s are committed to being a source of knowledge and support for your health care needs. We are proud of our experienced and well-qualified staff who offer a variety of services, allowing you to stay close to home when you need medical care.
Not only do we care for you in times of illness, but we also consider it our role to emphasize wellness and prevention through our education classes, screenings and community health forums.
We’re here to help, and make your experience with Avera the best it can possibly be!
President and CEO
Read Avera’s Annual Report to learn more, or learn about Avera St. Luke’s history.
Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary
Avera St. Luke’s Auxiliary, which includes about 230 members, promotes and advances the welfare of Avera St. Luke’s through service as fund-raisers, ambassadors and volunteers. Auxiliary members and volunteers provide more than 35,000 in-service hours to the hospital each year.
Five scholarships are given annually by Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary in the amount of $500 each. They are awarded to seniors in high school planning to enter an area of study in the health care field. The recipient must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher. 2018 application deadline was March 7.
- The recipient must attend high school within Avera St. Luke’s service area.
- The recipient must attend a college/university/school in South Dakota.
- The area of study they plan to pursue must be in a health-related field.
- The recipient will be selected by the Scholarship Committee of Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary.
- The check for the scholarship will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office at the college/university/school they will be attending to be applied toward tuition fees. A certificate will be sent to the high school counselor for presentation at an awards ceremony.
- All applications for the scholarships are due by March 7, 2018, and are to be forwarded to:
Those selected to receive scholarships will be notified by April 24, 2018.