About Avera St. Luke’s
Receive a comprehensive array of medical and health services and care in 24 different specialties at Avera St. Luke’s Hospital, a 60-bed hospital in Aberdeen, SD. We deliver care through multiple facilities, including the Don & Carmen Meyer Center of Excellence.
Avera St. Luke's employs more than 1,400 people throughout its hospital, long-term care and clinic divisions. A medical/dental staff of nearly 100 employed local physicians, certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants provides care for the area’s citizens.
Take advantage of a full range of health services, from primary care, to specialty services, to outpatient procedures and inpatient care. Benefit from specialized services including endoscopy, outpatient dialysis, cardiac rehabilitation, a sleep diagnostic lab and same-day surgery.
Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary
Avera St. Luke’s Auxiliary, which includes about 230 members, promotes and advances the welfare of Avera St. Luke’s through service as fund-raisers, ambassadors and volunteers. Auxiliary members and volunteers provide more than 35,000 in-service hours to the hospital each year.
Scholarships are given annually by Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary in the amount of $500 each. They are awarded to seniors in high school planning to enter an area of study in the health care field. The recipient must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- The recipient must attend high school within Avera St. Luke’s service area.
- The recipient must attend a college/university/school in South Dakota.
- The area of study they plan to pursue must be in a health-related field.
- The recipient will be selected by the Scholarship Committee of Avera St. Luke's Auxiliary.
- The check for the scholarship will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office at the college/university/school they will be attending to be applied toward tuition fees. A certificate will be sent to the high school counselor for presentation at an awards ceremony.
- All applications for the scholarships are due by March 4, 2022, and are to be forwarded to: