Financial Assistance Programs
Avera’s mission is to care for all patients regardless of ability to pay. If you are experiencing financial hardship, our billing staff is here to discuss payment options to decrease the burden. Payment relief options available to you could include payment extensions, government programs, charity care resources and patient assistance considerations.
Apply for Financial Support
Apply to see if you qualify for financial assistance.
Get Medication Co-Pay Help
There are special programs available to help select patients pay for medication copayments.
Payment Relief Program Eligibility
Depending on your situation, our billing staff can assist you when applying for aid. Avera financial assistance programs help you get care with no obligation or discounted obligation. These programs are available once all third-party resources, like local assistance programs, are exhausted.
To determine your eligibility, Avera will review the following:
- Income and family size guidelines
- Financial assets and liabilities
- W-2 forms, bank statements, tax returns and pay stubs
Please note: You will continue to receive a bill until we decide if you qualify for the program.
Our Mission’s Philosophy
Regardless of ability to pay, we believe:
- Providing health care to those in need is an obligation of justice, as well as charity and mercy.
- All persons have a right and equal access to necessary health care, diagnostics and therapeutic treatment.
- Health care is a societal obligation, shared by all health care institutions.
- Our facilities will respond as fully as possible to patient needs.
- We have a dual responsibility to be a leading health care provider and advocate for adequate reimbursement of services.
Still Need Help?
Our billing team is here to assist. Give us a call at 888-370-6525 from 7AM to 5PM Monday through Friday.