Avera Queen of Peace Foundation
Annie Leonard Foundation Database/ Development Assistant
Avera Queen of Peace Foundation
525 North Foster
Mitchell, SD 57301
To learn more about the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation, to make a gift or for information about a fund-raiser, please contact us by calling 605-995-5773 or donate online.
A Higher Power
This is what keeps the mission at Avera Queen of Peace Alive
The Avera Queen of Peace Foundation provides an opportunity for friends and supporters to share in the health care ministry of Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Avera Brady Health and Rehab, the Avera Queen of Peace Cancer Center, and the Avera Queen of Peace Hospitality House through charitable gifts.
Memorial gifts are a perfect way to remember a special friend or loved one. Memorial gifts also help to provide for the special needs of people seeking health care in our region. Your gift can help save a life or improve the quality of living for others. Through your support, you will touch the lives of our patients, residents, and their families in a special and meaningful way.
Honor gifts celebrate special events and occasions in our lives or the lives of our family and friends. By remembering someone in this way, you not only honor that person, but also support health care services for people in our region. Honor gifts are given in celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, or as a way to express your thanks for a kind gesture.
Endowment gifts, in the form of true, term, and general endowments help provide continuing long-term resources to meet present and future needs of individuals as we fulfill our health care mission. As you make financial plans for your future, please remember the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation.
In addition, the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation sponsors several fund-raisers throughout the year. Please check the list below and see our Calendar of Events for a schedule.
Gala 2014: The Great Gatsby: Vintage Glamour
Proceeds benefit the Caring for Life fund to help with the greatest needs of our patients and hospital. Thanks for a great 2014 Gala!
Beautiful long-stemmed roses may be purchased for a very reasonable price which includes a donation to Avera Hospice Mitchell. This event kicks off on February 15. Order now until March 17, 2014!
"Caring for Kids" Golf Tournament
This annual tournament takes place the third Saturday in August and raises funds for the Avera Queen of Peace Pediatric Department.
The Christmas season marks the time for the Christmas Caring Tree Project to benefit Avera Hospice Mitchell. Donors may designate a person to honor or remember with a special ornament displayed on the Caring Christmas tree in the hospital cafeteria.
Tree of Life
The Tree of Life sculpture, located in the hospital lobby, is a permanent tribute to generous, thoughtful friends of Avera Queen of Peace. The hand carved sculpture is cast in metal, finished in antique bronze and depicts a likeness of St. Joseph, patron and protector of Avera Queen of Peace, holding a loaf of bread and tools.
St. Joseph cared for Jesus and His Mother, nourishing their spiritual, emotional and physical needs. At Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, we continue the tradition of St. Joseph, caring for the needs of the whole person.
You can help Avera Queen of Peace Hospital carry on the nurturing ministry of St. Joseph by purchasing a leaf acorn or a foundation stone to be placed on our Tree of Life. Gifts or pledges of $500-$2500 are recognized on an engraved solid brass leaf. Gifts or pledges over $2,500 are remembered on one of 13 acorns. Twelve donor stones are reserved for contributors of over $10,000. A leaf, acorn or stone can be engraved in honor or in memory of a loved one, a dear friend or with your name alone. All gifts given in honor or memory of another will be acknowledged with a personal note.
To reserve your leaf, acorn or stone, please call the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation at 605-995-5773.
The following practical, affordable methods are available for individuals to make charitable donations:
- Life Insurance Policy - list the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation as the beneficiary
- Estate Planning - identify a specific amount or percentage of the residual for the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation
- Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Property
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Gift Annuity or Deferred Gift Annuities, where making a gift to the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation allows the donor a tax deduction and provides income for the rest of their life
Individuals serving on the Avera Queen of Peace Foundation Board assist in the fund-raising activities or related projects which seek philanthropic support for the mission and goals of Avera Queen of Peace.
Avera Queen of Peace Foundation Board
- Jay Tolsma, Chair – CPA, ELO, Prof LLC
- Pat Clark – Retired, former Senior VP and CFO, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital
- Tom Clark – President and CEO, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Ex Officio
- Steve Clarke – Store Manager, County Fair Food & Fuel
- Dan Cook - Avera Foundation
- Will Flett - Vice President and CFO, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Ex Officio
- Ryan Huber – Branch President, BankWest, Inc.
- Kim Lorenzen, MD - Pathologist, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital
- Becky Moore - State Farm
- Lou Sebert – Retired, former Owner/Manager of Dakota Pump, Inc.
- Sister Roxanne Seifert – Vice President of Mission Integration, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital
- Ryan Thompson – President and CEO, Santel Communications