Outpatient Behavioral & Therapy Services
Take advantage of flexible behavioral health care that fits your schedule with Avera’s outpatient behavioral therapy services. You’ll receive comprehensive treatment that suits your needs while accommodating your schedule and lifestyle.
When you participate in Avera’s outpatient behavioral health services, you’ll learn how to make positive changes and develop skills that will help you manage life’s stressors and develop healthier relationships.
Intensive Outpatient Program
During our intensive outpatient program, you’ll receive six to 11 hours of treatment each week that may include counseling and group therapy and education.
Choose from a variety of outpatient behavioral health services such as:
- Addiction recovery
- Psychiatric assessment and medication management
- Psychological evaluation
- Individual and group therapy
- Home-based family therapy services
Borderline Personality Disorder Programs
If you or a loved one lives with borderline personality disorder, contact Avera Behavioral Health Center at 605-322-4079 to learn more about our specialized, outpatient treatment program that includes three components:
- STEPPS™ – 21-week introductory program
- STAIRWAYS™ – One-year program for STEPPS graduates
- STRIDES™ – Ongoing treatment for STAIRWAYS graduates
Throughout treatment, you’ll discover a better quality of life by learning awareness, emotional, behavioral and relational management skills.
Counseling & Therapy
Find compassionate, expert counseling and therapy providers at Avera locations across the Upper Midwest. Whether you’re interested in an individual, family or group setting, choose from a variety of programs for every age and stage of life.
- Marriage – Work through differences and learn how to stop repeating dysfunctional patterns to build a healthier marriage relationship.
- Family – Nourish and develop better relationships within your family through counseling and therapy focused on communication and the role family relationships can play in each member’s mental health.
- Teen – Focus on developing healthy relationships with both family members and peers in order to grow into healthy adults.
Employee Assistance Program
If you are employed, check your benefits to see if you qualify for free, employer-paid counseling services through our Employee Assistance Program. This confidential support resource, designed for you and your family, helps identify and resolve personal and professional issues that may affect your job performance.