Outpatient Counseling and Therapy Services
Take advantage of flexible behavioral health care that fits your schedule with Avera’s outpatient behavioral therapy services. You’ll receive comprehensive treatment that suits your needs while accommodating your schedule and lifestyle.
Outpatient counseling and therapy services are conveniently available across the Avera region. If you want to address other mental health concerns, we offer both regional outpatient and inpatient programs in Sioux Falls and Aberdeen.
When you participate in Avera’s outpatient treatment services, you’ll learn how to make positive changes and develop skills that will help you manage life’s stressors and develop healthier relationships. Find grief support services and support groups for various bereavement situations.
Triage Services and Counseling
We understand that navigating the complex mental health system can be confusing and overwhelming, especially in your time of need. To best serve you, we’re pleased to offer you access to our outpatient triage therapists.
These specialists will work directly with your referring provider for seamless transition of care and offer immediate counseling sessions while connecting you with counseling services for long-term care needs. Call 605-322-4086 to schedule your triage session.
Counseling and Therapy
Find evidence-based, expert psychology and psychiatry providers at Avera locations across the Upper Midwest. Whether you’re interested in an individual, family or group setting, choose from a variety of programs for every age and stage of life.
- Adolescent/Teen – Focus on developing healthy relationships with both family members and peers to grow into healthy adults.
- Marriage – Work through differences and learn how to stop repeating dysfunctional patterns to build a healthier marriage relationship.
- Prepare-Enrich™ is an assessment tool for both married and unmarried couples who better want to understand and improve their relationship. The assessment is reviewed with a trained facilitator in session.
- Family – Nourish and develop better relationships within your family through counseling and therapy focused on communication and the role family relationships can play in each member’s mental health.
- Neuropsychology – Clinical neuropsychology is a specialty profession that focuses on brain functioning. A clinical neuropsychologist has expertise in how behavior and skills are related to brain structures and systems. Brain function is evaluated by objectively testing memory and thinking skills.
Avera Medical Group Behavioral Health Center – S. Cliff Ave. in Sioux Falls, SD offers psychological and neuropsychological testing with areas of specific interest being traumatic brain injury, learning, memory and attention disorders, and geriatric neuropsychology. A referral from your provider is required.
- Group Therapy–
- STEPPS, STAIRWAYS & STRIDES™ – This is a specialized treatment for individuals with borderline personality disorder (BPD) that was developed as a systems approach. Call 605-322-4079 for more information.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills – This 12-week group therapy provides an environment for individuals to learn and refine skills to better cope with life’s daily stressors. Call 605-322-4079 for more information.
- Adolescent Outpatient Group – This eight to 12-week session offers weekly group therapy for adolescents (ages 12-18) who are struggling with mental health issues. Groups are facilitated by a trained mental health professional. Call 605-322-4057 to learn more.
- Outpatient Eating Disorders Group – For teens and young adults. Discover coping skills, support, and share successes, experiences, struggles and advice. Pre-screening required. Call 605-322-5142 to learn more.
- 4th Trimester Group – The postpartum period, or fourth trimester, is a time of change and adjustment for you and your baby. Our group addresses these changes, teaches tools to adjust, and provides emotional support. Call 605-322-4086 for more information.