Injury Prevention Care & Therapy
Preventing and caring for work-related injuries doesn’t have to be complicated. Protect your employees and company with Avera’s injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation services. You’ll find the comprehensive care and expertise you need, including occupational therapy and physical therapy.
Effective Injury Protection
Be proactive and prevent injury before it occurs with our wide variety of injury prevention services tailored to meet your specific needs.
Customize work stations to fit your employees to help lessen muscle fatigue, increase productivity and reduce the number and severity workplace injuries.
Job Site Analysis
Receive an onsite evaluation where our experts, including certified WorkWell providers, will help you:
- Assess workstation design
- Develop functional job descriptions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Establish pre-work screenings
- Identify and measure the physical requirements of the work
- Match the worker with the work
- Measure functional capabilities in accordance with the ADA
- Provide clear indications of physical ability to perform critical job demands
- Review safety guidelines and provide cost effective recommendations
Functional Capacity Evaluations
Learn how to assess and define an individual’s physical ability to perform a specific job or activity.
Comprehensive Injury Care
If a work-related injury does occur, choose Avera for comprehensive treatment and open communication. You’ll connect your employees with all of the medical expertise they need to get back to work safely and efficiently.
You’ll also benefit from:
- Access to Avera’s specialty health services, including emergency services and urgent care for after-hours injury care
- Coordinated care from beginning to end with a return-to-work emphasis
- Direct communication about your employee’s return-to-work status
- Specialized occupational health professionals
- Team approach to injury management
- Use of our electronic medical records system, specifically designed for occupational medicine
Post-Injury Care Program
Ensure an early, safe return to work for your employees when you offer our post-injury care program for work-related injuries or illnesses. This program includes:
- Employer contact
- Follow-up as indicated by physician
- Initial treatment
- Independent home program
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Post-accident breath alcohol testing and drug screen
- Review of work restrictions
Return To Work Assistance
You’ll also receive communication about the return-to-work status of an injured employee as soon as possible after an injury and benefit from additional services, such as:
- Liaison between physician and company
- Liaison to workers' compensation insurance companies and case managers
- Employer assistance in return-to-work transitional duty programs
- Onsite nursing and therapist services
Maximize your employees’ ability to return to work after injury or illness when they participate in one of our occupational rehabilitation programs. We’ll address your employee’s functional, physical, behavioral and vocational needs using simulated work activities, physical conditioning tasks and education.
Through this personalized exercise and therapy program, our experienced occupational therapists help employees:
- Return to work
- Practice and modify of work tasks, as needed
- Develop strength, range of motion and endurance
- Learn about the injury and prevention of re-injury, including safety, body mechanics, posture, pacing skills, and effective stress management
- Connect with case management to facilitate resolution
- Learn how to identify and manage stress
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Center’s occupational rehabilitation program is the only program in the region that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for work specific rehabilitation.