Occupational Hearing Conservation Program
Protecting your employees’ hearing and promoting good hearing health is an important, but often overlooked aspect of employee health and wellness programs. If left unmanaged, hearing loss can become a serious issue that affects not only quality of life, but also productivity. Find what you need to prevent, test and care for hearing loss at Avera.
Services to Protect Against Occupational Hearing Loss
Occupational hearing loss is damage to the inner ear from noise or vibrations due to certain types of jobs or entertainment.
In the U.S., the maximum job noise exposure is regulated by law. Both the length of exposure and decibel level are considered. If the sound is at or greater than the maximum levels recommended, protective measures are required.
Count on Avera’s Occupational Hearing Conservation Program to provide what your business needs to maintain healthy levels of sound, including:
- Audiometer screenings provided onsite by certified CAOHC professionals
- Consultation and review of your results
- Comprehensive reports to meet OSHA documentation requirements
- Hearing education in group and individual settings
- Program administrators to organize your hearing conservation program