High-Risk Breast Cancer Prevention Clinic Sioux Falls
If you may be at high risk for developing breast cancer, you want to do everything you can to prevent – or detect – the condition early. Trust the Avera High-Risk Breast Cancer Prevention Clinic Sioux Falls to provide advanced expertise you need to maintain your breast health and identify the best screening and preventive options for your unique situation.
Determine Your Breast Cancer Risk
You may benefit from a preventive consultation if you have any of the following risk factors:
- Family history of cancer, especially breast cancer or a gene mutation (BRCA1 or BRCA2)
- Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS), a pre-malignant condition
- Atypical hyperplasia
- Dense breast tissue
- Difficult breast exams
What to Expect in Your Consultation
Learn how to maintain your breast health and how you can lower your risk factors for breast cancer. Your comprehensive consultation may include:
- Risk assessment
- Clinical breast exam
- Screening tests such as 3D and digital mammography
- Genetic counseling and education about your risk of developing breast cancer and potential implications for family members
- Personalized monitoring and follow-up plans
- Prevention strategies
Receive the guidance you need from our multidisciplinary team of surgeons, genetic counselors and medical oncologists focused on you and your care.
If you have a family history of cancer, you may benefit from genetic counseling to determine your own risk for developing the disease. Watch an interview with an Avera Cancer Institute genetic counselor to learn more about the role of genetic counseling in breast cancer prevention.