High-Risk Breast Cancer Prevention Clinic Sioux Falls
If you may be at high risk for developing breast cancer, you want to do everything you can to prevent – or detect – the condition early. Trust the Avera High-Risk Breast Cancer Prevention Clinic Sioux Falls to provide advanced expertise you need to maintain your breast health and identify the best screening and preventive options for your unique situation.
Determine Your Breast Cancer Risk
You may benefit from a preventive consultation if you have any of the following risk factors:
- Family history of breast cancer
- Gene mutation, which could increase the risk for breast cancer
- Personal history of Lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS), a pre-malignant condition
- Personal history of Atypical hyperplasia
- Personal history of intraductal papillomas
- Dense breast tissue
- Difficult breast exams
What to Expect in Your Consultation
Learn how to maintain your breast health and how you can lower your risk factors for breast cancer. Your comprehensive consultation may include:
- Risk assessment
- Clinical breast exam
- Breast imaging utilizing the most advanced surveillance tools available
- Genetic counseling and education about your risk of developing breast cancer and potential implications for family members
- Personalized breast monitoring plans
- Prevention strategies
Receive the guidance you need from our multidisciplinary team of breast health specialists. This team consists of specially trained advanced practice providers, board-certified breast surgeons, certified genetic counselors and medical oncologists who will focus on you and your care.
If you have a family history of cancer, you may benefit from genetic counseling to determine your own risk for developing the disease. Watch an interview with an Avera Cancer Institute genetic counselor to learn more about the role of genetic counseling in breast cancer prevention.