Our nationally ranked heart program connects you to:
- More than 25 specialists providing outreach at nearly 230 locations
- State-of-the art diagnostic technology, innovative surgical options and rehabilitation near home
- The area’s first accredited chest pain center
Available in Aberdeen and Sioux Falls
PulsePoint is an mobile phone app that uses Global Positioning System (GPS) to locate the nearest Public Access Defibrillator (AED) when a victim of sudden cardiac arrest needs life-saving assistance. Be a Hero.
Download the PulsePoint App or learn more
Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
When each second counts, don't wait. If you are feeling:
- Chest discomfort that lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath, light-headedness, cold sweat or nausea along with chest discomfort.
Women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain.
If you experience these symptoms, call 911 immediately.
Heart and Vascular Resources
Treatments and Procedures