Once you've had your baby, you probably have a lot of questions. Join Avera's CenteringParenting program to combine our infant's first year of well-baby checks with a parental support group.
Group Well-Baby Care During The First Year
Throughout Avera McKennan & University Health Center's CenteringParenting program, a board-certified pediatrician will provide guidance and reassurance while:
- Answering your questions and concerns during one-on-one time
- Facilitating group discussions where parents can share concerns, encourage one another and offer helpful tips
- Completing a physical for your baby including a head circumference, weight and height check-p during each session
When you enroll in Centering Parenting, you'll receive a schedule that includes six, two-hour sessions. Sessions occur during the ages of one month, two months, four months, six months, nine months and 12 months.
Facilitated Discussion Time
Other parents are sometimes the best resource. During group discussions you can receive feedback and helpful tips from other parents while also sharing your experiences. Topics include:
- Infant growth and development
- Motor skills and milestones
- Safety and childproofing
Take advantage of our CenteringParenting program, provided at no additional cost to your co-pay, which may be collected at each group visit. Contact your insurance provider to find out the exact amount you will be responsible for.