Diagnosis and treatment of many health conditions often involves tests or procedures that require special services to evaluate samples and report findings. You and your physician can rely on the Avera Laboratory Network for accurate pathology and laboratory results that help identify the most effective treatment for your specific situation. Ask your doctor for details.
Extensive Services in Multiple Locations
Through strategic placement of our laboratory locations across the Upper Midwest, you and your doctor benefit from shorter turnaround times that enhance the quality of care delivered close to home. No matter where you receive treatment throughout the Avera system, you’ll have access to our full-service lab at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Center.
Find a list of Avera locations offering lab services or find an Avera QuickLabs location where you can stop in when it’s convenient and take advantage of a variety of blood tests for a flat fee.
Among many available laboratory services, your doctor can take advantage of:
- Microbiology – Tests specimens to isolate infecting agents such as bacteria, fungus, molds and parasites; exposes infectious agents to a variety of antibiotics to determine effective drugs for treatment
- Virology –Tests specimens to identify viral infecting agents such as HIV, rabies and viral meningitis
- Blood bank – Identifies blood types (ABO and Rh) and performs tests to determine compatibility of blood for transfusion
- Hematology – Examines blood and body fluid specimens to determine the type and number of blood cells (RBC, WBC and platelets); also determines ability of blood to clot
- Chemistry – Examines body fluid specimens for the body’s metabolic functions, disease markers and drug monitoring.
- Serology – Tests blood specimens to detect exposure to infectious and disease processes such as hepatitis, syphilis, arthritis, lupus and others
By maintaining the highest possible standards for testing and personal service, Avera Laboratory Network ensures your local health care professionals and hospitals promptly receive the information and support they need to deliver the best care for you.