Hip Pain Care
As two of your body’s most important joints, the hips bear your weight and let you run, walk and jump. But if persistent hip pain keeps you from enjoying daily activities, look to Avera for the expert orthopedic care and therapy you need to get moving again.
Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatments
Has your life been negatively impacted by joint pain? Are you missing out of your favorite activities? Have trouble getting in or out of the car – or putting on shoes or socks?
If you’re not feeling your best, it’s important to schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic experts – so you can start getting relief and prevent more serious problems.
At Avera Orthopedics, you’ll benefit from a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to your unique circumstances and goals.
Conditions We Treat
Conditions We Treat
- Acetebular fracture
- Arthritis including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (juvenile??)
- Avascular necrosis
- Chronic hip pain
- Hip fractures
- Hip impingement (FAI)
- Hip fractures, dislocation or labral tears
- Joint abnormalities you were born with
- Labral tears
- Ligament tears
- Pelvic fractures
There are alternatives to surgery. Whenever possible, your treatment will begin with conservative, nonsurgical options such as bracing, injections, medications (including over-the-counter and prescriptions), occupational therapy and physical therapy.
Outpatient Joint Replacement
Wondering if you need hip replacement? If non-surgical treatments haven’t relieved ongoing pain or stiffness, you may benefit from joint replacement, minimally invasive or robotic surgical procedures. We also offer same-day outpatient orthopedic surgery options.
Minimally Invasive Hip Surgical Options
When possible, an Avera orthopedic surgeon will perform your procedure using minimally-invasive techniques that require only small incisions that reduce pain and speed recovery.
- Anterior approach hip replacement
- Mini posterior approach hip replacement
- Total and partial joint replacements for hip
- Revisions of total hip replacements
How this helps you: These procedures leave the larger hip muscles intact, so you experience less pain and recovery time, and ultimately get a better outcome. As a result, you can recover more quickly.
Hip Total Joint Replacement
You may benefit from a hip replacement if nonsurgical treatments haven’t relieved ongoing pain or stiffness.
Our orthopedic surgeons and staff use advanced surgical techniques and technology, pain management programs and a guided total joint recovery program. It may be hard to believe, but in most cases, nurses will have you out of bed and walking within a few hours of surgery.
- Outpatient Joint Replacement: Recover at Home: Outpatient total hip replacement surgery is safe and effective – and you can return home the day of surgery or the next morning.
- Inpatient Recovery: If you need more extensive care or rehabilitation due to other health conditions or factors, you can also rest easy in the care of an Avera hospital.
How this helps you: A successful joint replacement can last 20 years, making it the number one value in medicine today.