Take advantage of an Avera retail pharmacy for all of your prescription needs. You’ll also find a wide variety of commonly recommended over-the-counter medications, snacks and more for your convenience.
Expert Care for Your Medications
When you fill your prescriptions at an Avera retail pharmacy, our experienced team of pharmacists will work with your Avera provider to ensure you get the most out of your treatment plan. You’ll also benefit from:
- Easy order, transfer and refill including the ability to have prescriptions sent to any of our pharmacy locations and refilled using our automated phone system or the new AveraRx app
- Convenience of being able to pick up your prescription before leaving the hospital/clinic or having them shipped to your home
- Acceptance of most prescription drug plan and Medicare Part D plans
- Same insurance co-pay as other pharmacies (some exclusions may apply)
- $4/$10 generic program
- Multiple payment options including credit/debit card, personal check, flex spending account and cash
Avera Retail Pharmacy Locations
Count on the safe, efficient and convenient management of your prescription medications at Avera retail pharmacy locations in:
Dispose of Your Unused Medication
Keep your family and the water supply safe from potentially dangerous drugs. Safely throw away your unused or expired medications, including over-the-counter, controlled or un-controlled drugs at most Avera Pharmacy locations.
Inside the pharmacy, you’ll find a blue MedSafe receptacle where you can conveniently, anonymously dispose of your medicine during regular pharmacy hours. This drop-off receptacle works like a letter box, and is emptied by pharmacy staff.
Place liquid medications of 4 ounces or more in a sealed plastic bag. You may remove Rx labels or black out personal information for privacy. For our staff’s safety, Avera will not accept:
- Regulated medical waste
- Hazardous waste
- Aerosols such as inhalers
- Illicit drugs
- Commercial waste
If you have questions about MedSafe or drug disposal, please call your nearest Avera Pharmacy location.