Women’s Center at Avera McKennan Sioux Falls
Discover a wide range of around-the-clock maternity services at our flagship location, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD. When you choose the Women’s Center, you’ll give birth in one of our private rooms in a family-friendly, spa-like environment. Providing you with the best and safest childbirth experience is our top priority.
Personalized Birth Experience
Every expectant mother holds unique needs and hopes for delivery. Receive care specifically tailored to you and your baby during this special time when you develop a personal birth plan with your care team.
A Beautiful Birthing Experience
A luxurious experience awaits you, your newborn and your family at the Women’s Center. Benefit from a variety of amenities including:
- 24-bed unit nestled within an inviting, homelike setting
- Top-quality nursery featuring the latest innovations in neonatal care
- A fully-locked care unit with one secure entry
- Large, private suites featuring oversized beds, flat-screen televisions, whirlpool bathtubs and plenty of seating for the whole family
- One complimentary spa service provided by Spa 2000 professionals during your postpartum stay
- Dad’s Den complete with comfortable man-sized furniture, a big-screen television and computer with free WiFi
- Children’s play area – next to Dad’s Den – for kids to enjoy
- A full-service café with a buffet line, as well as convenient in-room concierge services
Take a virtual tour of the Women’s Center.
Innovative & Compassionate Birth Care
When baby’s time comes, trust the advanced technology and expert maternity care providers at Avera McKennan, supported by the strength of the Avera system. In addition to our compassionate nursing team, you’ll appreciate 24/7 access to OB physicians who serve as on-site laborists and provide continuous support for your labor and delivery.
Throughout your stay, enjoy a private, spacious suite large enough to accommodate everything your provider needs to ensure the best care, along with plenty of seating and sleeping accommodations for visitors and family.
Our nursing staff will be with you as much, or as little, as you prefer during your experience to offer information and support.
Level IIIB NICU Nursery
If your newborn requires special attention, our Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers the latest technology. As a new parent, you may feel overwhelmed by having a baby in the NICU. Rest assured knowing they’re receiving the best possible care from our experienced perinatologists and neonatologists.
Treat Yourself to a Spa Day
You’ll be pampered just as much as your baby at the Women’s Center. During your stay, enjoy one complimentary express spa service.
Complimentary Spa Service Menu
Choose one from the following spa services:
- Spa Manicure - Upgrade to a 45 minute spa manicure for $11
- Spa Pedicure - Upgrade to a 60 minute spa pedicure for $29
- Petite facial – Upgrade to a 45 minute spa facial for $38
- Swedish Massage - Upgrade to a 60 minute massage for $30
If you have shellac or gel polish on, please mention at the time of scheduling. Cost is $10 to remove.
All spa services are provided in partnership with Avera McKennan Fitness Center and Spa 2000. Call 605-322-4172 to schedule your spa appointment or learn about additional services available for purchase.
Lactation & Breastfeeding Support
Take advantage of our free, breastfeeding and lactation services at Avera Breastfeeding Center. You’ll find the answers and encouragement you need from our internationally board-certified lactation consultants, available to answer questions about the benefits of breastfeeding and offer support seven days a week.
If you’re interested in breastfeeding, ask about Avera’s compassionate care and proven methods.