Women’s Center at Avera McKennan Sioux Falls
Discover a wide range of around-the-clock maternity services at our flagship location, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD. When you choose the Women’s Center, you’ll give birth in one of our private rooms in a family-friendly, spa-like environment. Providing you with the best and safest childbirth experience is our top priority.
Personalized Birth Experience
Every expectant mother holds unique needs and hopes for delivery. Receive care specifically tailored to you and your baby during this special time when you develop a personal birth plan with your care team.
A Beautiful Birthing Experience
A luxurious experience awaits you, your newborn and your family at the Women’s Center. Benefit from a variety of amenities including:
- 24-bed unit nestled within an inviting, homelike setting
- Top-quality nursery featuring the latest innovations in neonatal care
- A fully-locked care unit with one secure entry
- Large, private suites featuring oversized beds, flat-screen televisions, whirlpool bathtubs and plenty of seating for the whole family
- Dad’s Den complete with comfortable man-sized furniture, a big-screen television and computer with free WiFi
- Children’s play area – next to Dad’s Den – for kids to enjoy
- Choose fresh, chef-prepared meals from our menu that will be delivered to your room. The café is stocked with drinks and snacks.
Lactation & Breastfeeding Support
Take advantage of our free, breastfeeding and lactation services at Avera Breastfeeding Center. You’ll find the answers and encouragement you need from our internationally board-certified lactation consultants, available to answer questions about the benefits of breastfeeding and offer support.
If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment with a lactation consultant call 605-322-4490.
Personalized lactation services available by appointment also at Avera Medical Group 69th and Cliff. Call a lactation consultant to schedule at 605-322-1529 or call the OBGYN clinic at 605-322-8920.