Not feeling like yourself? As you age you may experience ongoing symptoms. Avera Medical Group Functional Medicine in Sioux Falls, SD, offers expert and compassionate care from the region’s only functional medicine providers.
Functional Medicine looks beyond traditional treatments to help you be your healthiest self. We take the entire picture into consideration, including medical history, personal risk issues, medications, nutrition, exercise, lifestyle and environmental factors.
We have an approach to medicine that addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach in a partnership with patients for improving their health.
Our specialized, certified team provides:
- Primary health care, including annual physicals, lab testing, screenings and common illness care
- Consultations to understand your unique health imbalance issues
- Strategies to heal the root of your symptoms and regain overall health and vitality
- Access to a specialized pharmacy
- Care for chronic conditions
- Nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian
- Well-being advice, coaching and support
Personalized Treatment Plans
When you create a treatment plan with an Avera functional medicine provider, you'll get to the root of your issues and experience healing that goes beyond traditional strategies such as medications. Learn how to allow your body to function at its best by incorporating nutrition, exercise and supplements.
Benefit from Our Expertise
Many symptoms can seem harmless, but they actually may indicate a larger health issue. You and your doctor will work together to determine the cause and treat common issues such as:
- Digestive symptoms
- Perimenopause and menopause symptoms
- Frequent infections
- Diabetes and insulin resistance
- Weight gain or loss
- Difficulty sleeping
- Fuzzy thinking