Respiratory & Pulmonary Care
When you’re short of breath, your whole world seems a lot smaller. Expand your lungs—as well as your outlook—with expert care from pulmonologists and respiratory specialists at Avera. No matter your age, you can get the care you need to breathe better, sleep better and live your life to the fullest.
Comprehensive Lung & Breathing Care
Choose Avera for personalized care from highly trained, board-certified physicians who address a wide range of lung and pulmonary conditions such as:
Diagnosis, Treatment & Services
Get an accurate diagnosis and the care you need to keep your airway and lungs in good shape with screenings, treatments and services from Avera.
Your doctor may recommend one or more screening and diagnostic tests, such as:
Respiratory & Pulmonary Services & Treatments
Options at Avera for treating your lung and breathing-related conditions may include:
- Airway maintenance
- Breathing machines (ventilators), ventilator management and ventilation weaning for people unable to breathe on their own
- Bronchopulmonary drainage and hygiene
- Cardiopulmonary care for conditions involving both the heart and lungs
- Education and prevention programs for lung health
- Medication administration, including bronchodilators and metered dose inhalers (MDI)
- Nebulizers to deliver medications as an inhalable mist
- Pulmonary rehabilitation programs, including physical conditioning, to help you live better with lung disease and combined heart/lung-related conditions
- Respiratory home care services available 24/7, including testing, evaluation and equipment for Medicare-approved home oxygen use
- Respiratory therapy
- Smoking and tobacco cessation classes and counseling
- Thoracentesis to remove excess fluid in the lungs
- Thoracic surgery and related surgery services, including lung reduction
- Tracheostomy (breathing tube) care
Ask your doctor about respiratory and pulmonary services that may require a referral.