If you experience recurring pain or discomfort in your muscles, tendons, joints or bones, find relief through specialized care from the expert rheumatologists at Avera.
Comprehensive Care for Rheumatic Diseases
Trust the team of board-certified physicians at Avera to assess, diagnose and treat all types of autoimmune disorders and inflammatory conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system. Choose Avera when you need care for rheumatic conditions such as:
Services & Treatments
Get the care you need to stay as active as possible while controlling your rheumatic symptoms. At Avera, you’ll work with compassionate, experienced physicians who listen carefully to a description of your symptoms, physically examine you and evaluate the results of imaging and/or lab tests.
You’ll benefit from one or more approaches to treatment, including:
- Joint and bursa injections
- Medications, that might include one or more or a combination of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), disease modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDS) or biologic therapies
- Rehabilitation services, including physical therapy and occupational therapy to help you restore as much function as possible
- Smoking cessation
- Splints, braces or orthotics
- Weight loss, diet, moderate exercise, low impact exercise, water therapy
Region’s Only Gout Clinic
To find out if you have gout, reduce the painful symptoms of gout and prevent long-term complications associated with gout, take advantage of the region’s only dedicated Gout Clinic at our Avera location in Sioux Falls, SD.
Every third Thursday of the month, from 1 – 4 p.m., you can work with a specialized team of physicians and nurses, as well as a clinical pharmacist, to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your specific situation.