Sports Science & Research
To ensure that you receive the best and most innovative care possible at Avera, we invest in research and innovation. And at Avera Sports, we use research to understand the athlete’s body and impact of training in a way that benefits individual performance.
Advancing Sports Science Through Research
Studies Currently in Progress
- “A comparison of lower body muscle activity and neuromuscular output of the vertical jump and weighted squat jumping in the upright and horizontal positions”
- “Assessing the reliability of using a horizontal leg press equipped with a force plate to report on measures of positive and negative neuromuscular characteristics”
- “High-intensity interval training: Effects on performance outcomes and vitamin D status in adolescent soccer players”
- “Knee flexor and hip extensor muscle activity associated with wearing an elastic tubing resistance device while running”
- “The effects of retrograde training on indices of lower body strength and power”
Completed & Published Studies
To read the study abstract, click on the link to each journal.
Avera Sports Research in the News
Research performed by the Avera Sports team has also been featured in several national publications, including:
If you’re interested in participating or receiving more information about any of these studies, contact our Principal Investigator Derek Ferley PhD, CSCS, at email@example.com.