Urology addresses conditions affecting the health of the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, bladder, ureter, urethra) and the male reproductive organs. Rely on the skilled physicians and surgeons at Avera for expert genitourinary care.
Comprehensive Urologic Care
You can trust Avera’s board-certified urologists for compassionate attention as they diagnose and treat many urologic conditions, including:
Urologic Services & Treatments
At Avera, you benefit from experienced specialists who collaborate in your care and deliver the advanced medical or surgical services that address your specific urologic issue. You and your doctor can take advantage of a wide range of urology care and treatment options, such as:
- Cystoscopy to view inside the urinary tract
- Hydrocelectomy to remove fluid-filled sacs in the scrotum
- Kidney removal (nephrectomy)
- Kidney stone removal through basketing or shockwave therapy (lithotripsy)
- Kidney transplant
- Laser transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Prostate radiation seed implants (brachytherapy)
- Tumor removal surgery for bladder, kidney and other cancers
- Urinary stress incontinence repair and surgery
- Ureteral stent placement and removal
Avera’s urology surgeons employ the latest in advanced surgical techniques, including minimally invasive procedures and robotic-assisted surgery. Talk to your doctor and work with your care team to determine the best approach for your particular situation.