Wellness & Preventive Care
Live longer and better when you take advantage of Avera’s wellness services and preventive care. Through our far-reaching network of providers and locations in a six-state region across the Upper Midwest, you’ll find the resources that help you take charge of your family’s health.
All You Need for Health & Wellness
You gain access to everything you need to reach your potential in mind, body and spirit at Avera, including:
- Athletic performance and training – Shows you how to compete at your best and safest level
- Behavioral health – Helps you make the most of your life and relationships
- Health risk assessments and screenings – Encourages catching potential health concerns as early as possible, when treatment works best
- Integrative medicine – Includes massage therapy, meditation and more
- Sleep medicine – Advises you on getting the rest you need for good health
- Spiritual care – Offers comfort and encouragement
Nutrition Services & Dietary Counseling
Avera’s nutrition services show you how to choose and prepare tasty foods that help you feel healthier and more energetic. You can even ask for a personal grocery shopping tour and see cooking demonstrations from an Avera registered dietitian at select Hy-Vee locations across the region.
Primary Care & Children’s Health
Your family gets excellent medical care—routine checkups, immunizations, treatment of chronic conditions and more—when you work with an Avera provider who knows you. Find out about top-quality health care close to home by exploring our primary care and children’s health services.
Health Risk Assessments
Learn about your potential risk for conditions or other health issues with our online health risk assessments. These free assessments can be done at your convenience and provide insight about your risk for developing a variety of conditions and tips for prevention.
At every age, certain checkups, tests and screenings that are recommended for optimal health. Whether it’s a physical exam, cholesterol check or colonoscopy, wellness screenings at Avera can detect issues before they become serious concerns.
Help yourself or a loved one stay healthy after 55. Ask Avera about caregiver support, home health care, referrals to community resources and additional services that guide your family through the physical and mental changes of aging.
Health Services for Employers & Employees
Keep your employees well and productive by accessing medical screenings, injury prevention strategies, tobacco cessation programs and more through Avera’s extensive and customized business health services.
Stay Fit at Avera Wellness Centers
Get in your best shape by visiting a nearby Avera wellness center. Check out our:
- Cardio and weight equipment
- Fitness classes and assessments
- Health education programs
- Massage therapy services
- Medically supervised rehabilitation
- Personal training
- Resistance machines
Explore all our wellness centers and discover each facility’s wide range of services, amenities and membership options for you and your family.