Avera Sacred Heart Foundation
The Avera Sacred Heart Foundation provides an opportunity for friends and supporters to share in the health care ministry of Avera Sacred Heart Hospital, Majestic Bluffs, Avera Yankton Care Center and the Avera Cancer Institute Yankton through charitable gifts.
Memorial gifts: A perfect way to remember a special friend or loved one. Memorial gifts also help to provide for the special needs of people seeking health care in our region. Your gift can help save a life or improve the quality of living for others. Through your support, you will touch the lives of our patients, residents, and their families in a special and meaningful way.
Honor gifts: Celebrate special events and occasions in our lives or the lives of our family and friends. By remembering someone in this way, you not only honor that person, but also support health care services for people in our region. Honor gifts are given in celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, or as a way to express your thanks for a kind gesture.
Endowment gifts: In the form of true, term, and general endowments help provide continuing long-term resources to meet present and future needs of individuals as we fulfill our health care mission. As you make financial plans for your future, please remember the Avera Sacred Heart Foundation.
The following practical, affordable methods are also available for individuals to make charitable donations:
- Life Insurance Policy - list the Avera Sacred Heart Foundation as the beneficiary
- Estate Planning - identify a specific amount or percentage of the residual for the Avera Sacred Heart Foundation
- Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Property
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Gift Annuity or Deferred Gift Annuities, where making a gift to the Avera Sacred Heart Foundation allows the donor a tax deduction and provides income for the rest of their life.
Avera Sacred Heart Foundation Board
Individuals serving on the Avera Sacred Heart Foundation Board assist in the fundraising activities or related projects which seek philanthropic support for the mission and goals of Avera Sacred Heart.
- Paul Wintz, Board Chair
- Sister Phyllis Hunhoff
- Laura Haberman
- Tabitha Likness
- Billie Henderson
- Mike Healy
- Mary Lee Villanueva, M.D.
- Russ Diedrichsen
- Douglas Ekeren
- Kara Payer
- Mark Miller
- Sheila Kuchta
Foundation Supports Health Care in our Community
This past year funds were donated back into our community through healthcare related projects such as:
- Adult Day Services
- Avera Sacred Heart Cancer Center
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospice
- Avera Yankton Care Center
- Defibrillators for local schools and businesses
- Eden Programs
- Haiti Mission trips
- Health related support groups
- Homemaker Program
- Majestic Bluffs Chapel and Care Center
The Avera Sacred Heart Foundation sponsors several fundraisers throughout the year. Events include:
- Roses Just Because: Pick up April 21 in the Benedictine Center Lobby
- The Grand Give: September 18, 2020
- Masquerade $5 Jewelry Sale: November 2020
- Comfort Bedding Fair: Feb 2 and 3, 2021
Watch for these additional fundraisers we are partnering with:
- Bomgaars Ladies Shopping Night: October 2020
- Battle of the Badges: February 2021