Avera Missouri River Health Center Fundraising Campaign
Our staff would love to visit with you to answer any questions you may have about donating or about the Avera Gettysburg Foundation and our programs. Please contact us by phone at 605-280-9593 or email.
In February 2019 Avera announced plans to raise funds for a new health center in Gettysburg to serve the north-central portion of South Dakota. The 21,800 square foot medical center will be built with the future of health care in mind. It will incorporate innovative design and technology that allows for flexibility in care delivery – a necessity for rural health care.
The building project includes an inpatient unit, a modern and cutting-edge emergency services facility, updated space for the radiology and imaging services including in-house mammography, IV infusion suites, a new physical therapy gym, and a welcoming clinic. Every patient care room will be fully integrated and connected to Avera’s strong and robust telemedicine program, Avera eCARE.
The new building will also get a new name: Avera Missouri River Health Center. From inpatient care and emergency services to routine checkups, the name encompasses all the services offered in the new facility and area residents the facility will serve.
Avera Health has committed $9 million to the $12 million project. The Avera Gettysburg Foundation has launched a $3 million capital campaign with the goal to have all $3 million committed in pledges and cash gifts by June 1, in order to make the project a reality and begin construction in fall of 2019.
Built with the Future in Mind
Every patient care room in the Avera Missouri River Health Care Center will be fully integrated and connected to Avera’s strong and robust telemedicine program, Avera eCARE. Telemedicine brings specialized health care services to rural and underserved communities through advanced communication and video technologies.
Through high-definition, interactive video and sophisticated computer monitoring equipment, patients are able to connect with highly trained professionals who offer highly specialized services while remaining close to home. Using telemedicine is more realistic than asking patients to travel hundreds of miles to a major health care center and more efficient than asking providers to travel to outreach sites.
Avera eCARE offers the nation’s broadest range of telemedicine services available from a single source. Through telemedicine, Avera provides emergency care, critical care, specialty consultations, pharmaceutical care, senior care and more – all at the push of a button. The breadth, depth and quality of Avera eCARE services reflects Avera’s dedication to innovate in order to improve the access to and quality of health care for generations to come.
Compassionate Care, Innovative Delivery
At Avera we have a long history of keeping quality care, close to home. We’re fortunate to be able to care for our family, neighbors and friends, while remaining connected to the largest health care system in the region.
Our passion for progress is what drives us to explore innovative ways to keep you healthy and get you well. Whether you need a checkup or lifesaving emergency care, we have the technology and expertise to make it happen. A modern medical center will improve the overall patient experience, enhance our health care services, and help retain the best medical staff.
The new building will include:
- A state-of-the-art inpatient unit complete with private rooms. The rooms can be converted to semi-private rooms to accommodate more patients.
- An emergency department with enhanced eCARE Emergency telemedicine technology, a trauma room, a private treatment room, a decontamination room for chemical exposure and similar needs, an attached ambulance garage, a dedicated entrance and expanded waiting room.
- A full hospital pharmacy complete with an IV prep space, pharmacy administration rooms and infusion suites so patients can receive vital IV therapy treatment close to home.
- A radiology and imaging center that includes an X-ray suite, 64-slice CT scanner, ultrasound, a bone density scanner, a patient preparation space and, for the first time in Potter County, an on-site 3D mammography unit – bringing the most innovative breast imaging technology to rural South Dakota.
- A new physical therapy gym gives therapists and patients the space and equipment they need to best evaluate and treat orthopedic issues to help patients fully recover from illness or injury.
- A clinic with a warm and welcoming environment for patients visiting their primary care provider or outreach physician.
- A meditation room where patients, their families and guests can find a place of quiet solitude and reflection. It’s a unique feature found in many Avera facilities.
For more information, contact the Avera Gettysburg Hospital at 605-765-2488.